Coaching Workshops at Nationals
Coach development is a key component of the Canadian sport system and for the first time in history Muaythai Canada is including a coaching program at the National Championship, setting up the foundation of a Professional Coaching Pathway for Krus of Muaythai across the country.
While the full coaching pathway is under development, the core components of will be a mixture of multi-sport coaching modules from Coach.ca’s National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), and a coaching syllabus developed with the International Federation Muaythai Associations (IFMA).
Muaythai Canada invites all coaches attending Nationals to get a head start on their coaching pathway that will become a requirement in the near future. We have organized two courses over the weekend, delivered by the Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO).
Coaches attending Nationals can conveniently take the NCCP course(s) on the upper levels of the Markham Pan Am Centre and finish before competition begins downstairs in the gymnasium. Each workshop is limited to 24 participants so don’t wait to sign up!
Saturday November 9th, 7:30 am to 12:30 pm, $65
The Managing Conflict module will allow you to:
- identify common sources of conflict in sport;
- determine which individuals or groups are most likely to find themselves in situations involving conflict;
- learn important skills that will help you prevent and solve conflict resulting from misinformation, miscommunication, or misunderstanding; and
- develop skills that will empower you to listen and speak effectively in conflict situations while maintaining positive relationships with athletes, parents, officials, and other coaches.
Make Ethical Decisions
Sunday November 10th, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, $60
By completing the Make Ethical Decisions workshop you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety. This is one of the National Coaching Certification Program’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough. Upon completing the MED module, you’ll be able to:
- analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal, or ethical implications; and
- apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-making Model to properly respond to each situation in a way that is consistent throughout the program.
Registering With Coach.ca and Getting Your NCCP #
To participate in National Coaching Certification Program courses you must register an account with Coach.ca, where you’ll be assigned an NCCP number; your new ticket to coaching excellence.
- Go to www.coach.ca Locker.
- Click on “Don’t have an account? Create one now!”
- Check the box “I agree”
- Check the box “I want to create a Locker account for access to my transcript, eLearning opportunities, to sign up for coaching events, and more!” – Fill in your info – Click Register
- Login to your email account and open the verification email that was sent to you
- Click on the “click here” at the very end of the email
- Create a password
- Click submit
- Click on the Icon “Profile”
- In the left hand corner of your screen under your name is your NCCP#